Area Attractions and Events
Paonia, located at the foot of Mount Lamborn in Delta County and surrounded by federal lands, is your headquarters for engaging in outdoor activities and exploring all that Mother Nature has provided. Bicyclists and motorcyclists from around the world come here to ride the challenging mountain roads. Other folks come for the food and wine. Because the area has a number of wineries, as well as the highest concentration of organic growers in the state, Paonia is the farm-to-table capitol of Colorado. The inspiring beauty has made this a center for artists and musicians to pursue their crafts. We encourage you to visit Paonia, stay at the historic Bross Hotel Bed & Breakfast, and savor all that the area offers.
- Explore the awesome grandeur of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Go rafting or fishing in the streams and lakes on Grand Mesa or the Gunnison River with Gunnison River Expeditions.
- Tour Colorado wine country and taste the wares of local farms and orchards:
- Explore the West Elks and Raggeds Wilderness Areas
- Drive the Grand Mesa and West Elk Loop Scenic Byways
- Bike scenic country lanes and back roads – SK Bikes
- Go downhill skiing at Powderhorn
- Go Nordic skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Hone your golf swing:
- Visit the local art galleries:
- Learn about local history at museums:
- Discover antique treasures at Olde Town Hall Antiques
- …Or simply sit and enjoy the magnificent views!
- Enjoy music and drama events:
- Join the fun at these annual events and festivals:
For an up-to-date calendar of local concerts, art openings, festivals, and other events, visit www.paoniachamber.com.