Guest Rooms & Rates
The welcome warmth of a historic home away from home awaits you at the Bross Hotel Bed & Breakfast. Located in the center of downtown Paonia, close to Delta, Colorado, you’ll find that this 115-year old hotel still offers the best lodging available in the area. All rooms have private baths and each one is furnished with comfortable bedding, antique furniture, and locally themed décor. Individual thermostats offer temperature regulation in the cooler months and in the summer swamp coolers, ceiling fans, and transom windows above the bedroom doors provide cooling. High-speed wifi internet can be accessed throughout the property. Each room at the Bross Hotel is unique, with a comfortable blend of historic charm and modern convenience.
The previous owners, Kevin & Karen Kropp, are local organic fruit growers and named each room for a local fruit of the area – Sugar Plum, Perfect Pear and Blueberry Hill are a few of the favorites. Choose whichever room suits your liking and then experience a different one on your next visit!
The Sweet Cherry Room (#2):
Located on the southeast corner of the building, The Sweet Cherry Room has a window overlooking the front balcony and another facing the main part of the town.
Need a family suite? This can be connected to the Peaches & Dream Room.
The Peaches & Dream Room (#3):
Join the charming surroundings in this enticing bay-window room. Located on the south side of the hotel, it’s a soft, and enchanting space. This room features a queen-size bed and a full bath. It’s an excellent choice as part of a family suite, or for the business person desiring a desk.
The Sugar Plum Room (#4):
The Sugar Plum room offers a warm and relaxing atmosphere. The king-size bed with a beautiful plum tufted headboard can be split into twin beds. The room also features a full bath.
The Wild Raspberry Room (#5):
Soothing brick walls lend to the Wild Raspberry room theme well! This room provides serenity for the tired traveler. This northwest corner room exudes warmth and comfort with its raspberry décor. A desk makes it ideal for the business traveler. The room has a full bath and a king-size bed that can be converted into two twin beds.
The Apple Blossom Room (#6):
A variety of colors lend itself well to the beautiful Apple Blossom room. You can almost smell the fragrance of the blossoms in the room! In addition to a king-size bed, this room also contains a daybed, making it a good choice for parents traveling with a child. Or, they can be configured as three single beds. The room also has a full bath.
The Perfect Pear Room (#7):
Enjoy the luxury of the Perfect Pear Room. Decorated in a beautiful duvet comforter, you may never want to leave your room! The room boasts a king-size bed (which can be converted into two twin beds) with a large bathroom featuring one of the hotel’s original claw-footed tubs. Sink into a tub full of bubbles for a relaxing soak while enjoying the cottonwoods just outside the window. This is luxury!
The Grapevine Room (#8):
We brought the fun of the vineyard to the Bross! This third-floor, bay-window room will give you a taste of the local vineyards of Paonia. The Grapevine room offers a queen-size bed in the bay window and has a neat appearance with its maize colored duvet and beautiful Amish quilt accent. A desk provides work space for the traveler. The private bath features a large shower stall. The Grapevine Room can connect to the Perfect Pear Room, forming a family suite, if desired.
The Blueberry Hill Room (#9):
I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill! This king-bedded room is tucked under the eaves, but is brightly lit by a large dormer window. It is the perfect venue for the luscious blue and purple colors that enhance the blueberry theme. The décor is strong yet peaceful. The private bath offers a large shower. The king-size bed can be converted into two twin beds.
The Apricot Bliss Room (#10):
The delectable Apricot Bliss Room! This third-floor queen room under the eaves of the building’s northwest corner has a sunny nook and windows looking out both directions. There is a beautiful macrame’ wall hanging that graces the decor and adds to the ambience. A sitting alcove lends itself to a quiet reading spot and is a perfect room for your romantic getaway. The private bath features a shower stall.
The Honeysuckle Room (#11):
The Honeysuckle room is an incredibly inviting room that has a large dormer window and a king-size bed that can be readily changed into twin beds. Beautiful pictures and a colorful quilt give this room a cozy and special atmosphere. A shower stall is featured in the private bath.
2021 Guest Rates (March 1st – November 30th)
|Extra Person In Room||$25|
Details & Policies
- Some suites can be adjoined; call for details.
- King, queen, and long twin-size beds are all available.
Things to Know Before Your Stay
—BROSS HOTEL BED & BREAKFAST POLICIES AND INFORMATION—
- Tax of 10.7% is additional, and rates are subject to change without notice. Confirmed reservations remain as stated in the confirmation email.
- Reservations at the Bross Hotel B&B require a deposit of one night to confirm your reservation. If staying only a one-night, full payment will be required at time of booking. We will confirm your reservation by email. For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards and cash. Balance is due upon arrival.
- A refund is given less a $25 cancellation fee if canceled outside 7 days. If canceled within 7 days and we are able to re-book your room, a cancellation fee of $25 per room is charged. If canceled within 7 days, the stay is shortened, or there is an early check-out and we are unable to re-book your room, you remain responsible for your reservation. No-shows will be charged the full price. The room is yours for the entire time reserved. Any deposit previously made will be forfeited, and full payment will be charged.
- Holidays and groups require a notice of 30 days for cancellation.
- We understand that almost all of our guests who cancel do so for legitimate reasons; nevertheless, we must uphold our policy evenly and across the board without judging whether one guest’s reason is more valid than another.
- RETURNED ITEMS
- If you leave an item in your guestroom, please give us a call. We believe your things belong to you, and we will gladly send the items to you via UPS or US Postal Service. The shipping amount plus a $5 handling fee will be charged to your card.
- Bross Hotel B&B is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- DAMAGES, ACCIDENTS, INJURIES, AND ILLNESSES
- We welcome all Bross Hotel B&B guests and encourage their full use and enjoyment of the inn and grounds. We have gone to great lengths to provide a safe facility and a pleasant environment for all who stay here. In return, we also expect the respectful use of those facilities. Destruction or damage of Inn property, intentional or accidental, will result in charges to your card to cover proportional or full replacement costs.
- Bross Hotel B&B will not be held responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities, nor will they be responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite to use the premises.
- We welcome children 12 and older.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING TRAVEL INSURANCE.
- We are a NONSMOKING establishment. This includes marijuana. While it may be legal in Colorado, it is neither welcomed nor tolerated at the Bross Hotel Bed & Breakfast. A cleaning fee of a minimum of $350 will be charged to your card if it is determined that smoking of any kind has occurred in the room.
- In consideration of our guests, WE DO NOT ACCEPT PETS.
- Check-in time is 4 to 8 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m. PLEASE BE OBSERVANT OF THESE DESIGNATED TIMES AS WE NEED THE HOURS BETWEEN CHECK-OUT AND CHECK-IN TO CLEAN AND PREPARE THE GUESTROOMS FOR OUR ARRIVING GUESTS. If you would like an early check-in, please call ahead to see if your room might be ready before the regular check-in time of 4:00 pm. Also, if you will be arriving after 8 p.m., please call ahead to make necessary arrangements for a late check-in.
- Breakfast is served at 8:30 or 9:30AM, depending on number of guests. Coffee is available beginning at 7AM, and assorted black & herbal teas are available around the clock. If you prefer to sleep in and skip breakfast altogether or leave early, just let us know the night prior so we can plan accordingly. And lastly, please call ahead or add to your online reservation to alert us of any special dietary requirements we might need to consider in planning and preparing your breakfast items.
SPECIAL DIETS: We will happily accommodate diets based on medical, ethical or faith-based reasons with a minimum of 48 hours of advance notice. These include celiac, lactose-intolerant, vegetarian, and vegan diets. Please understand that we are a small hotel with limited kitchen space and morning staff and cannot fulfill every request based on personal preferences or taste.